This is the first guitar I've ever painted, as well as the first time I've ever worked with acrylics, actually. Clearly, it's the design from the Tommy album cover; it took me about three weeks from start to finish, mostly because I had work and other interruptions that disallowed me to sit down and get a lot done at once.
The finish is not quite as shiny as I would have liked, but by time I had gotten to this point, I hadn't been able to play guitar for three weeks and I was going a bit mad because of that, so I put the strings back on. I'm thinking that the next time I need to change the strings, I'll do another few coats of finish.
Acrylic paints and acrylic clear coat.
The original Tommy album artwork is by Mike McInnerney.